Board Meeting Minutes (2016-04-30)

Kentucky Theatre Association

Board of Directors Meeting

Saturday April 30, 2016

Looking for Lilith

1:00-3:00pm

 

Nov 11-13th for KTA State conference

Agenda

 

1:00pm Welcome     Adanma Barton

Business Meeting

Old Business

Treasurer’s Report             Kim Miller/Jeremy Kisling

  • Discussion about how to do fees for HS festivals
    • One fee or a fee for EACH of the comps?
    • What about schools that don’t move on?
      • Maybe have a $10 participant fee per student for groups that don’t move on to come?
      • Maybe a fee for the whole school?
      • Should we do a per student fee at regional level?
    • $175 (entry fee plus membership) for reginal
    • Then $5 per kid up to $140 for state Comp if not top 2 from reginal
  • Budget was Approved

Middle School Festival Sarah Diamond Burroway/Shelby Steege

  • Tent. March 18th next year to keep I the same weekend
  • Stay Central located for the next year
  • Dunbar for next year

New Business

Community Theatre Festival Lisa Cope

  • Starting to work on recruiting for next year
  • We need to look at spaces since there is ONE loading dock for both of the theaters so we may have to figure out a different space for CTF

Website Zack Ross

  • Set up e-mail address with a KTA address that will forward on to the person in charge
  • Contact Zack if you are one of the people that needs the e-mail forward to you
  • There is an e-mail form set up
  • The structure is moving away from the old system to a much easier system to use
  • We will need to change the current look for the site
  • Zach picked a theme.  If you have feedback let Zack know
  • Our hosting account is with Igloo but domain is under GoDaddy Zack suggests that we put all of our info “under one roof” (this would also be cheaper)
  • Voted to move to GoDaddy
  • Zack has some content questions.  He just moved from the old site but it was a lot of out of date info.  Please send info to Zack Zross03@gmail.com
  • Please send a headshot, bio, and also Suggested that everyone has a tag line of Why you are on KTA
  • Registration forms can be done online now
  • The about us page needs to be updated! Maybe a history of our organization and our mission
  • Jeremy has records of past records to start an archive page.
  • Suggested we “celebrate” our history and ask schools to bring pictures from past conferences! (will be 45 year of KTA)
  • Eventagram was suggested to let kids post pictures from the conf.
  • Payment intergration into site
    • Paypal 501c3 is the easiest but there is a small 2.2% of transaction AND $.30 per transaction
    • KTA does have a square account and we used to use google pay
    • We could add a processing fee for that want to pay with CC
    • Can we add a way to add POs to the payment
      • If we can put bookkeepers name with PO
    • More research will be done before we vote on this.
    • Emails will be forwarded to Kim AND Jeremy
      • They will then contact the chairs to let them update on entries
      • Maybe we can set up some kind of data base in the future
    • Membership form will need to have PO option as well

Roots of the Bluegrass Steve Cleberg

  • We are going to stay similar to the template as we have done in the past
  • Steve has gotten the word out in many places
  • There will be a space figured out for the festival (will most likely be the Briggs theater)
  • Plans to do the festival as done in the past
  • Steve is looking at ways to add some elements to this process to give more feedback
    • Poss. Creating a network (playwrights, theaters, directors, etc)
    • Then possibly the playwright could send their play to these different people in the network to get feedback (making this a year round process)
    • Could then be expanded to “not new plays” but that would allow those playwrights to also get feedback/ and develop the plays.
    • This could become a benefit for our members
    • Jermey shared with us that maybe playwrights can put 2 plays on the website
    • This could develop into a larger forum for ALL our members where they could suggest topics, questions, concerns and get feedback from members
  • How could we get playwrights that don’t “win” to come to the conference
    • Workshops and PDs for playwrights.
  • Keep your thinking caps on for ways to grow this program and others

 

SETC Jeremy Kisling

  • Institute for outdoor theater has been disbanded.
    • They have come to SETC to see if they would add them in
    • They are thinking about it
    • It would be good if members of this organizations to join their state level
  • Auditions/ adjudicating will be on tablets
  • Leaderships talking about a unified resource site
  • SETC will be in Lexington in 2017!! (first weekend in March 1-4th)
  • State leader forum and we are now one of the top 3 sized boards in SETC
  • Resolution about Community Theatre Festival

-Minimal registrations

-How is it serving CT organizations?

-No ACCT rules will be enforced for future CT on the STATE level (this will be sent out to the board)

-suggested that at the state level we make sure that participating CT sign some kind of waver that clearly states the difference between the state AND the SETC rules

KCAE Jane Modlin

  • Arts Educational summit June 16th and 17th at River parks center in Owensboro, KY
    • Key Notes
    • Workshops
    • From KTA- 2 presenters for “the deconstructing the theater standards” and other workshop presenters Need to know by 5/1 or 5/2
      • Matt Johnson and Kathi Ellis
    • Looking for a fiscal contribution by June 5th
      • Voted to contribute up to $300

New Officers/State Conference Adanma Barton

  • Adanma and Ryan will be moving OFF the executive board at the November Conference
  • Discussion have been talked about restructuring our executive board to more like SETC

High School Regionals Ryan Briggs, Brad, Kathi, Phil Neace

  • West- Glemamahr center in Madison in KY looking at dates- poss. 14-15
  • East- Boyd County High school or Perry Center High School Mid- Oct 14th and 15th poss.
  • North- Sent 48 emails to each school about KTA and the HS festival and if they want to host (only 1 reply but is interested in hosting AND participating) Scott HS
  • North West- Ballard HS? Or Elizabeth town Community College? No date yet… NOT first or last weekend of Oct.
  • Central- Poss. Dunbar HS
  • Get info to Phil by May 11th so he can send out letter

3:00pm   Adjourn

 

Next Meeting in August.  A poll will be sent out to pick date

Related Posts